The five best things I saw, did, and ate in February…
1. Teddy turned 2. In my more than 20 years of wishing for a golden retriever, Teddy is everything I could’ve hoped for and then some. Anyone who’s met this spunky guy can attest to his vibrant personality, playfulness, affectionate nature, unwavering love for both human and animals, and his never-ending desire for belly rubs. I’m pretty maternal by nature, so it gives me a lot of joy to take care of him, but considering the stresses that Eaman and I face as business owners who both work from home, he takes care of us a whole lot, too. He makes us laugh, gets us exercising, and is generally just a really funny dog. I’ll be the first to admit that he was a bit of a nightmare during his puppy and teenage months, but now at age 2, he’s all love—and licks.
2. Weekend getaway to Dana Point and the St. Regis Monarch Beach. I mean, just look at that picture. Need I say more? Actually, I already did. Read all about our stay here.
3. Fox 5 TV segment. I loved doing the occasional TV talking head or hosting gig while living in New York City, so it was fun to put my TV cap back on last month for a Valentine’s Day segment on San Diego’s Fox 5 station. It was all about shopping local for the holiday, and it was a treat to pick some of my favorite items produced right here in San Diego. You can watch the clip here.
4. My best friend came to visit. And we had the best San Diego girlfriend getaway.
5. New blog design. For the last few weeks I’ve been working with a talented designer on a new logo for My SoCal’d Life, and I can’t wait to share the results very soon. Also, a new look for the whole blog! Stay tuned.
For now, happy Friday!